Many people want more for themselves, they dream of having millions of pounds and living a life of luxury. They stare wistfully as rich people drive past in their flashy cars thinking ‘I want that’. But why do most people never get past the phase of dreaming? It is very rare for dreams to be turned into reality, hardly anyone gets to the end of their life and says they wouldn’t change a thing. True success and fulfilment is a rarity.
How many of your dreams have you completed?
A lot of people look at millionaires or billionaires and think they are a different breed of human, they think that there is something different about them. They’re right about that, they are different. But it’s not genetics that distinguish successful from non successful people it is their actions. Successful people feel worthy of their success and because they are worthy of it they receive it.
Do You Act Like A Successful Person?
Successful people do not suddenly start acting a certain way after they have achieved success. They act in that certain way to get them success, they are hard-working, driven and confident even before they earn their riches. You cannot make a promise to the world that you will start working hard after you become rich, that’s reverse logic. Results are only ever conceived after hard work, not before. You cannot go around hoping to achieve your goals without directly working for them.
If you act like an average person you will stay an average person.
People often never work towards their dreams because they do not feel they deserve them, they feel like if they fail it will just be the universe confirming their doubts about themselves. You cannot go through life not feeling deserving of your dreams or you will never achieve them. If you prefer to go about your normal everyday life instead of striving for your goals then you clearly do not feel worthy of them.
How To Feel Deserving Of Success
1. Read about the lives of successful people you admire. You will quickly realise that the successful people who you thought were a different breed of humanity are just like you. The majority of billionaires cam from humble beginnings, don’t let your current situations dictate whether you can be successful. The environment that you are born into is not under your control but the environment that you move into is. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
Related: Quotes For Success
2. Set yourself mini goals. If you are the sort of person that doesn’t feel worthy of success then chances are you don’t push yourself on a daily basis. Every day try to do something that is out of your comfort zone, setting yourself little challenges on a daily basis will go along way to boosting your confidence, you will begin to realise that you really can achieve and do more than you currently are.
3. Write down your biggest dreams. Write 100 points about what your ideal life would be like, writing it down prevents you from denying your large aspirations. It will make you accept that you do want more in your life. By writing down your dreams you will begin to visualise them in detail, they will become a reality in your mind. If you can imagine something with enough detail that is almost real then it will only be a matter of time till the rest of the world can see it too.
4. Educate yourself. Now you know what you want, educate yourself on how to achieve it. Read books, blogs (preferably mine 🙂 ) and talk to successful people. The only thing standing in the way of success is your lack of knowledge, so learn, learn and learn. The you will be unstoppable.
5. Surround yourself with like-minded people. Chances are if you have been acting like an average person up until now you will have a load of average people around you. But, no one ever fully achieved their greatest dreams by acting average. Get knowledgable and hardworking people around you. They will both inspire and help you.
Related article: who to surround yourself with